"I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." - Diane Ackerman

Friday, October 15, 2010

Comments from Our Previous Salon

"Have you ever felt as if you have entered a magical sphere? Yesterday,all my troubles seemed to fade away”---thank you! From the moment I floated down the stairs of the Montage Resort to the sounds of a violin and the visuals of exquisite baskets, scrumptious, rich paintings, flashes of the MOST PERFECT southern California day, I realized I was in an elegant salon! It wasn’t Virginia Woolf’s, it wasn’t Simone de Beauvoir’s, it wasn’t Charlotte Bronte’s, it was MaryAnn and Jann’s tea party!"

"... absolutely the best literary event I've ever attended!"

"It was a Cinderella moment from start to finish. I felt lifted from my day-to-day ordinary life into another sphere and came away enlightened and inspired."

"All your hard work showed in the details from the chocolate dipped strawberries to the champagne to the violinist. Bravo!!!"

"Superb! Magnificent! A perfect event!"

"The Salon event was without flaw - the place, setting, food, and entertainment superb. My guests loved every minute, as I did - top drawer all the way."

"Perfect! From beginning to end, it was the most delightful and wonderful experience! Please have another next year!"

Oprah says: "Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion." 

Edith Wharton said: "There are two ways of spreading light. To be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it." 

Ayn Rand reminded us: "The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." 

Erica Jong says: "And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk more."

No comments:

Post a Comment